Donating MaterialsMVZ Policies, Guidelines and Procedures
The Museum of Vertebrate Zoology (MVZ) welcomes donations of amphibians, reptiles, birds, bird eggs and nests, mammals and related materials. Acceptance of a donation is at the discretion of MVZ Curators.
- Specimens -- May include preserved specimens and/or parts (e.g., tissue samples) as well as unpreserved material (e.g., frozen carcasses, live animals) that will be prepared by Museum Curators, curatorial staff, or students.
- Related Materials -- Donations of images (digital or printed photographs or slides), sound recordings, field notes, and other natural history archival material. Materials must be connected to specimens or research projects.
- Are you a researcher looking to donate materials?
- Have you found a dead animal carcass you'd like to donate?
- Are you donating digital images?
- Are you donating scientific illustrations or other artwork? (deed of gift form, PDF)
Donated material and associated data will be made available for research, education, or public exhibit according to the mission and policies of the Museum and Regents, except by prior signed agreement between the donor and the Museum.